domingo, 19 de febrero de 2012

C1 / 02




Lo cierto es que en aquel momento no buscaba tanto proteger mi cabeza sino más bien, los retazos de mi corazón marchito. The only truth is that for that moment, I was not looking for covering my head but rather than this, sheltering the odds and ends of my withered heart.

La sensación de cobijo que me produjo el refugiarme bajo su techo fue algo indescriptible. Y es que; saberse “dentro” cuando “fuera” está lloviendo, reconforta el alma, tener esa sensación – aunque sea sólo pasajera, dos o tres nubarrones – de que la lluvia queda al otro lado, de que por una vez, le hemos ganado la partida a la indómita Naturaleza… Qué lujo; saberme protegido, verme resguardado del claqueo de las gotas de lluvia después de la ducha que me había pegado…The sense of shelter that I felt when I took refuge under its ceiling was something indescribable. You know what? Knowing yourself “inside” when “outside” is raining hard it is something that feel up your soul; having that feeling – even though you are conscious about it is a passenger moment, the time taken by two or three storm clouds -, be sure that the rain stays on the other side, that at least once, we have won the match against the wide Nature… Anyway, what a pleasure¡ To feel myself sheltered, to see myself protected from the drops of water clapping on the pavement after the rain-shower I had taken…

A medida que la humedad inexorablemente iba empapando el haz de su tejido, el color de su vestido se tornaba cada vez más vivo, más color, más opaco, más lluvia; dejando atrás lo desvaído de lo vivido, la sequedad de lo viejo. The more the moisture was soaking the inside surface of its cloth, the more its color dress was becoming more lively, more deep, more color, more opaque, more rain; getting away from the color dull of lived lifetime, the dryness of old age.

Seguía lloviendo, sólo que muy a lo lejos, cada vez más lejos del techo que me ofrecía aquel paraguas mientras asomaba la vista bajo su arcada impermeable para contemplar la ciudad distante. It was still raining, but very far away from there, every time further from the shelter that the umbrella was offering me whereas I was leaning out of its waterproof arcade to caught sight of the distant city.

Fijé la mirada en el horizonte de su costura, seducido por la fuerza de la rotundidad de su arquitectura nervada, por el ritmo de su cuidada geometría, por la sensualidad de sus líneas curvadas. I fixed my eyes on the horizon of its needlework, captivated by the strength of its sober and fibrous architecture, by the rhythm of its well drawn geometry, by the sensuality of its curved lines.

Por un instante me sentí bloqueado, casi atrapado, allí; a su lado, aislado en aquel islote sin poder salir. For a while I felt myself locked, just catch, there, close to her, besides her, isolated in that unknown island cut off from everything, with no possibility of evasion.

Tenía tiempo por delante, tiempo para pensar o dejar de hacerlo. Llevaba lloviendo desde hacía un rato. Los cristales de las gafas se empañaban y desempañaban al compás de mi respiración. El vaho cubría las lentes intermitentemente. I was having time ahead of me, time for thinking or time for giving up to do it. It had been raining for a good while. The glasses lens were misting and dismisting following my time breathing. The steam was covering them intermittently.

Por momentos, creí divisar la luz de un faro. By once, I thought that I was sighting the lantern from a lighthouse.

No estoy seguro de si era la luz de la farola la que centelleaba o el parpadeo de mis ojos cada vez más pesado y quedo intentando huir de las sombras chinescas que se proyectaban sobre la tela del paraguas. I am not sure if it was the light from the street lamp what was sparkling or if it was my own flickering, more and more heavy, trying to hide from the Chinese shadows and shades which were being projecting onto the exterior umbrella cloth.



...



hoy suena bajo el paraguas: do it / the sunday drivers / los conciertos de radio 3 (en) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtrm1LwhGo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario